In this post I will talk mainly about road accidents and in particular about car accidents, which are the most frequent in dreams; the meaning, however, does not change much if we talk about other accidents such as by plane, train , boat, or at work
A premonitory dream?
The thing that most worries those who dream of an accident is that this could be a premonitory dream; premonitory dreams are very rare, so there is no reason to live this dream badly, even if you would do well to check your car or scooter, for example, if you haven’t done so for a long time. Often our feelings, fears, worries are projected in dreams; sometimes these worries are excessive, but sometimes they are also well founded! When it comes to vehicles, one more check is better than one less.
Meaning of the accident in dreams:
- Traumatic memory: if you have recently experienced the trauma of a real accident, you could review the scene in your dreams continuously, perhaps even in an amplified way (see the accident even more serious and more terrible than it actually was).
- Warning: sometimes our mind captures signs of risk and shows us in a dream the potential dangers we can face.
- Anxiety, stress: if you are anxious and worried, and because of your closed nature you do not confide in anyone, there are many chances of dreaming of an accident, perhaps particularly serious, with many deaths and a lot of blood.
- Superficiality, haste: perhaps you recently made superficial, impulsive and hasty choices; the accident in dreams may indicate the need to slow down and take the time to reflect,
- Two worlds that collide: your attitude and your way of life perhaps collide with that of someone else; or two areas of your life (for example, work and family) are in conflict.
- Sense of guilt: an accident in dreams can arise from the need to self-punish yourself.
It is also important to evaluate your attitude towards the accident: if you caused it, do you feel guilty? Do you feel you could have avoided it, or do you think it’s the fault of others? If you are a witness to the accident, how do you react? Do you try to help, or do you get stuck in fear? This can reveal how you react in critical moments in life.
Dreaming of a car accident:
The road in dreams is a metaphor for our journey through life, and driving represents progress towards personal fulfillment. Dreaming of a car accident can in particular depend on obstacles and difficulties in your progress, insecurity, anxiety and worry of not making it; the dream can also warn you from too much haste to want to forge ahead; better ponder your choices more, slow down. In most cases, car accidents occur in dreams, but the meanings I explain also apply to other means of transport that can be involved in a road accident, such as a moped, motorcycle, bicycle, truck, bus.
- Dreaming of falling with the car, of falling into a ravine, into a hole – in some area of your life you are losing control, something goes wrong.
- Dreaming of dabbing, investing someone – you have to slow down the pace of life and pay more attention to the people close to you.
- Dreaming of being buffered, run over: some negative experience from the past still affects you in the present.
- Dreaming of crashing car into a wall – the wall represents the obstacles that prevent you from achieving your goals.
- Dreaming of skidding with the car, of going off the road: are you sure you are on the right path? Did you make your choices right?
- Dreaming of overturning, overturning with the car, overturning: attentive to excesses, superficial behavior, unnecessary risks; do not make risky moves.
- Dreaming of a car falling into the water, into the sea, sinking with the car in a river, a ditch, a lake: water represents emotions, so falling into the water with the car can represent the beginning of a journey to inside of your emotions, especially if you keep driving underwater. Or, alternatively, falling into water can represent a sudden impact and shock, always on an emotional level.
- Dreaming of two cars colliding, frontal accident – it can indicate that your opinions and life goals collide with those of people close to you, causing even violent friction.
- Dreaming of a car that explodes, burns, catches fire represents a risk, because the fire emphasizes the idea of danger. Fire is also connected to strong passions (anger and love), to destruction, but also to purification.
- Dreaming of a serious accident, with so many deaths and blood: it is certainly a sign of strong stress; you are experiencing very difficult situations.
- Dreaming of an accident and saving yourself: if despite the accident being serious you manage to save yourself and not injured, this indicates that, of course, you are having a difficult time, but guys like you have many resources; you’ll be able to get out of it.
- Dreaming of an accident of a loved one – if you dream that your son, a friend, boyfriend, father, mother, husband, sister, dog, etc. have an accident, this denotes anxiety and concern in their comparisons: for example, it is certainly not surprising that an anxious mother dreams that her child has an accident on a scooter or in a car. Sharing and expressing your concerns with someone, rather than keeping them inside you, can definitely make you feel better.
- Dreaming of a plane crash – maybe your projects struggle to take off, or collide with those of other people.
- Dreaming of a train accident: when a train is involved in the accident, this often indicates that you are pursuing the wrong goals, you are on a false track.
- Dreaming of an accident at sea, in a boat – maybe you are going through sentimental problems; water is connected to emotions and feelings.
- Dreaming of an accident at work – probably the dream is caused by anxiety and tensions at work (fear of not keeping up with the pace, pressure, haste, risky activities, etc.); try to reduce the sources of stress, and in any case try to talk about it with someone (friends, colleagues), do not keep everything inside